Class: March 21 @ 7:30ish



This is today's pieces. The top image I named "inventory." When I put the hands holding the objects down on the canvas, I thought it looked like when you're in a first person POV in a video game and your character is holding something. I made it like a weird drug trip, though. Which, I guess is kind of the theme of the latest pieces I've done. 
The bottom piece I made as a way of venting some of my emotions. The spirals are made out of images of two shirts that someone I used to be very close with gave to me. We had a really bad falling out. I don't quite want to get into it because who wants to hear drama on a class blog, amiright? I took the lyrics from a song I've been jamming to lately and that I feel relates to how I feel about this person. I initially typed out how it relates, but I'm afraid that this person might find this and call me out if I put something too direct as they have a direct connection to this class. Anyway, I don't really like how this turned out, as I don't think it quite properly relays the pain and anger and anxiety this person has caused and continues to cause me. However, it still felt good to do and I think, for lack of a better term, destroying the icons of the shirts this person gave me can kind of be taken as advice on making something new and my own. Does that make sense? I want to turn these shirts into something new and my own, not a reminder of the hell they put me and my friends through. 
I am getting seriously burnt out on Photoshop. I never want to touch the stupid program ever again. I never have any good ideas on what to do because I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. I am DREADING the next project :( 

 

Comments

  1. Im really enjoying the marble texture you have going on within the first iteration and allows for such a flow of movement as well as a good blend of color. I think the layering and different blending modes you are using are making for an interesting piece to look at and the spiral suggests the theme of a cycle thats never ending. Im a little fuzzy on the concept in these iterations so far from the imagery but i have a good feeling that it will all come together in your final. Great work so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cat,
    The spiral pattern of the shirts layered over each other in your second image kind of reminds me of mosaic tile. I think that background would work really well behind the hands in your first image. I also enjoy the texture you've added to them. I'm excited to see where your next iterations take you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts